The Bioinformatics Resource Page
Bioinformatics refers to a field of science that combines biology, information technology, and computer science to achieve new insights into biological concepts and develop a global perspective that represents different principles of biology. It can be applied to a wide variety of tasks that can contribute to the advancement of medical science and other fields.
Some of these tasks include the creation of custom medicines, the prevention and treatment of diseases, improvement of the environment, and the development of agricultural technology.
Bioinformatics can even help you determine which form of medical or life insurance is best for you or your family members. Insuring one's health and well being isn't the same as buying cheap liability car insurance so please don't dismiss it lightly or, worse, overlook it altogether.
Cars can be mended or replaced much easier than one's health so make sure you get a good assortment of whole life or term life quotes to compare. Ask questions about whole life vs term insurance to determine which is most beneficial to you. Both options are good investments but, just like bioinformatics, they accomplish different goals. Know which is the better buy for your personal situation before buying any form of insurance.
And while you're collecting those quotes, here is a list of websites that provide more information on bioinformatics.
General Bioinformatics Resources
- Bioinformatics Overview: A basic introduction to bioinformatics.
- What is Bioinformatics?: Comprehensive information about bioinformatics.
- Bioinformatics Timeline: A timeline that provides an account of the development of bioinformatics over the years.
Analysis of Gene Expression
- Gene Expression: An article that offers a good description of gene expression.
- Analysis of Gene Expression: Detailed information about the analysis of gene expression data and genetic network modeling.
Analysis of Mutations in Cancer
- Mutations and Cancer: Discussion on the mutations of genes in cancer.
- The Role of Mutation in Cancer: Article that reveals how mutating genes can contribute to the development of cancer.
Analysis of Protein Expression
- Protein Expression Q&A: Questions and answers about protein expression.
- Human Protein Atlas: An atlas that shows the expression and localization of proteins in human cells.
Analysis of Regulation
- Gene Expression and Regulation: General information about gene expression and regulation.
- Analysis of Gene Regulation: A list of tools that are used to analyze gene regulation.
- Biodiversity Informatics: An overview of biodiversity informatics.
- Bioinformatics and Biodiversity: Article that explains how bioinformatics can be used to enhance the study of biodiversity.
- Comparative Genomics: An extensive discussion on the principles of comparative genomics.
- Comparative Genomics Fact Sheet: A fact sheet that offers basic information on comparative genomics.
- Comparative Genomics Projects and Links: A list of comparative genomics and bioinformatics projects and links.
Computational Evolutionary Biology
- Computational Evolutionary Biology: A document that discusses the basics of computational evolutionary biology.
- Genome Annotation Project: A genome annotation project conducted by researchers from Rice University.
- Past, Present, and Future of Genome Annotation: An article that relates the development of genome annotation technology.
High-Throughput Image Analysis
- High-Throughput Bioinformatics Data: A comprehensive discussion on high-throughput bioinformatics data.
- High-Throughput Screening Resources: Links to websites that contain information about high-throughput screening.
Modeling Biological Systems
- Modeling of Biological Systems: Detailed description of the process of modeling biological systems.
- Current Trends in Protein-Protein Docking: An article that discusses the latest developments in protein-protein docking technology.
- Introduction to Sequence Analysis: Learn about the basics of sequence analysis.
Type your zip code below: